- Swellnet - Choose Newcastle or Port and average it out. Pay attention to wave direction and pick your break. I've found this site to be quite reliable even though it doesn't list Forster/Tuncurry.
- FNMOC Navy - ocean wave data provided by the US navy. Cheers for the link Sam!
- Coastalwatch swell forecast (set to Mid-Central Coast NSW) - Pressure, wind and tide charts with a good evaluation and forecast of waves to come. Graph isn't always accurate but the text can be.
- Magic Seaweed (set to Forster) - Again, this site has a lot of data that can be used to pick the best break. Heights are for swell, not wave and are the regular 30cm foot. These guys also have an iPhone app that can be useful from time to time.
- Willy Weather - Swell forecast with more localised data (One Mile beach, Tuncurry, Seven Mile etc.).
- MHL's Wave Rider buoy at Crowdy Head - Real-time data of offshore wave heights and ocean surface temperatures.
- Weatherzone (set to Forster) - Daily and 7 day weather forecast
- Fluidzone - For all things bodyboarding. News, photos, videos, webcasts, surf reports, surf forecasts and surf cams.
Frothin Groms asked Da Boogie Man on some times to improve. Winners from 2013 A and AA Division plus a handful of other members hit the tar rolling at 4am to join Heydon DaBoogieMan Bunting and Nick Rushton for a surf safari and coaching session. Morning session was a little slow, but it gave coaches an opportunity to watch all riders, see how they slid in smaller waves focused on technique. A Wambie Whooper gave them the energy they needed for the arvo session. They found an empty corner with drainers reeling in on the run out and some solid wedges on the tide and wind change. Everyone surfed well and gave coach pluck some froth. Coach Pluck reinforcing the key points on how we as a individual and as a group can help our riding develop. Focus on the scoop, the drive and setting the one line looking for the section. pocket riding, rail control size of board film and capture your mates, help each other out, have fun and celebrate the boog. All in all, the boys learnt from the wise, played with the big boys, flashed a lot of check and got pitted off there tits. FTBA highly recommends DaBoogieMan bodyboard coach, his knowledge and understanding of the sled is instrumental. Celebrate grass roots, join a club, enjoy the sport and the journeys shared with like minded boogie sliders. Images courtesy of Sam Elbourne Photography and Da Boogie...read more
FTBA will be heading to Treachery Camp, Seal Rocks for RND 6 on the 3rd & 4th August 2013.ALL WELCOME! Please let all club members be aware. PARENTS ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED! Club camp on the saturday night and comp on Sunday. Big thanks to Jon Brown for securing an alltime price for the Bunk lodge plus more if required. The Bunk Lodge and 3 Cabins have been booked for all FTBA Members Family and friends. The lodge sleeps 44 people , 10 rooms have 4 single beds in a bunk arrangement. Cost $25 (includes BBQ Dinner Sat night around the camp fire and a basic BBQ Breaky while setting up comp on the Sunday). If you wish to bring other foods please do so, full kitchen available. Saturday at 2pm - bodyboarding community comes together and group development sessions on local beaches. What you need to bring: bedding linen, and sleeping bag, bath towel, mozzie spray, suncream, warm clothing, closed in footwear, 20c pieces for shower, cleansing needs (makeup, toothbrush, shampoo, soap), all your gear for slidding, money for food and drinks on comp day. Directions: X marks the turns From south of Buladelah - Take the Pacific Highway to Buladelah, turn right at Buladelah turn to Forster Tuncurry turn and proceed via the Lakes Way to the turn off to Seal Rocks is well signposted. At the only shop in Seal Rocks turn right and follow the power lines onto the property (about 1km of gravel road). Take sign to Treachery Camp and signs to FTBA Cabins will be marked. From Forster or North - proceed via the Lakes Way to the village of Bungwahl where the turn off to Seal Rocks is well signposted. At the only shop in Seal Rocks turn right and follow the power lines onto the property (about 1km of gravel road). Take sign to Treachery Camp and signs to FTBA Cabins will be marked. No excessive drinking or bad behavior will be tolerated. Time to kick back, chill around the campfire, talk shop and prep for the big slide in the morning and Rnd 6 on FTBA 2013 Calander....read more
View the document below that corresponds to the type of Post you would like to add: Adding a new post (with one or two images only) Adding a new post (with multiple images in a gallery) Using the gallery quick code to display the gallery in your post...read more